You already love playing basketball. How about a whole week of hoops against players your age and skill level from around the country? You’ll love the competition, but you’ll also learn fundamental skills in defense, shooting, passing, and ball-handling. When you’re not learning, you’ll be competing–1-on-1, 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 tournaments as well as skills tests and individual competitions at MBU’s Boys Basketball camp.
Instruction is not limited to basketball, with personal, camp and dorm sessions throughout the day, devoted to strengthening your walk with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to pick and roll, but that you would know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
Registration and Payment
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Campers)
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Coaches)
- **CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PAYMENT** (using our secure server)
Points of Emphasis
- Ball-handling fundamentals
- Sportsmanship as a Christian athlete
- Daily team competitions
- Defensive fundamentals and concepts
- Offensive fundamentals and concepts
- Daily Bible challenges
- 1-on-1, 3-on-3, and 5-on-5 tournaments
- Campers: $250 on or before June 1 ($275 after June 1.)
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
Room and Board
- All camps are overnight camps.
- Campers will sleep in the MBU dormitories and will be supervised 24/7 by on-campus counselors.
- All meals will be taken in the MBU Dining Complex.
- Team Discount: Ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff who are going into 8th grade (or younger) receive a 50% discount
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, June 25 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the main gym lobby.
- Check-out: Saturday, June 30 with lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Salscheider played professional basketball in Australia, Denmark, and the U.S. from 2003-09. He was an assistant coach for Edgewood College in 2011-12 before taking over as head coach for Maranatha’s men’s basketball team in 2012-13.
What to Bring
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Bedding and towel
- Bible, notebook, pen and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
- **All prescription medications must be in their original containers**
- Please keep athletic shorts knee-length.
- Sleeveless tops are acceptable for activities, but please bring a t-shirt or collared shirt to wear in the Dining Commons.
- Bring a swimsuit that is knee-length.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
For all summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration.
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.