Watertown, Wis. -- The Men's and Women's Cross Country Teams have released their 2017 schedule which holds an appealing mixture of familiar and new events. Highlights include the Faith Baptist Bible College Invite on September 16, and the Wisconsin Private College Championships on October 14, which will be hosted in Watertown for the first time in the 17-year history of the event.
Both squads will return to four in-state competitions including the Ken Weidt Classic (Sept. 9), the Olde English Classic (Sept. 23), the Warrior Invitational (Sept. 30), and the Oshkosh Open (Oct. 20). Last year, the Women's squad took home the victory at the Oshkosh Open, as multiple PR's set the tone for a memorable day.
The NCCAA DII National Meet will return to Choctaw Trails in Jackson, Mississippi. Both squads took home top-three finishes last year at the season finale.
Cross Country Quick Facts
- 2016 Best Time (Men): 29:05 - Cameron Rankin (Oshkosh Open 8K)
- 2016 Best Time (Women): 24:13 - Katie Holbrook (Lucian Rosa Invitational 6K)
- Maranatha Baptist University -- Location of the Wisconsin Private College Championships (Oct. 14)
- Choctaw Trails -- Location of the NCCAA DII National Meet
- 2016 Nationals Finish (Men): 3rd
- 2016 Nationals Finish (Women): 2nd
Stay up-to-date with the schedule throughout the season by visiting mbusabercats.com/composite.