- Men's Team Finish: 10th of 15
- Men's Top Runner: Cameron Rankin - 53rd - 29:47.7 (8K)
- Women's Team Finish: 12th of 15
- Women's Top Runner: Sarah Vander Pluym - 41st - 27:16.7 (6K)
- Venue: Greenfield Park
- Next Meet: Saturday, October 14, at Wisconsin Private College Championships (at MBU)
Men's Top 5 Finishers
- 53rd - Cameron Rankin (29:47.7)
- 54th - Robert Kile (29:49.6)*
- 64th - Jeremiah Doak (31:29.7)
- 71st - Jacob MacDonald (32:17.5)*
- 72nd - David Williams (32:18.9)
Women's Top 5 Finishers
- 41st - Sarah Vander Pluym (27:16.7)
- 48th - Madelyn Hansel (27:33.8)
- 57th - Anna Heins (28:28.3)*
- 70th - Lauryn Wigdal (31:19)
- 86th - Haly Hendricks (35:07.5)*
WEST ALLIS Wis. -- The Sabercats improved their times at the Warrior Invitational today, as each squad took advantage of cool conditions at Greenfield Park.
Each of the Sabercats' top 5 runners set their fastest times this season, as each squad closed out the month of September in style.
Cameron Rankin led the men's team with a 29:47 mark in the men's 8K. That time was less than a minute shy of his PR, which came in 2015 at the Sabercat Invitational. On the women's side, Sarah Vander Pluym strode out to lead the Sabercats with a time of 27:16 in the 6K race.
Robert Kile broke his previous PR by a solid 45 seconds and was just 2 seconds behind Rankin. MacDonald and Williams both set the best times of their rookie seasons.
Colton Lingle ran his fastest time of the year with a 33:43 time in the men's 8K. Lingle qualifies for NCCAA Nationals and becomes the ninth runner on the men's team to do so this year. So far, the Sabercats women's team has qualified 3 runners for the season finale.
On the women's side, Heins and Hendricks registered PR's as well, as they set times of 28:28 and 35:07, respectively.
"I was pleased to see the results of today's meet after a couple weeks of hard practices," said Coach Isaiah Steinbart after the races. "Even though it was a very competitive meet, the teams were up to the challenge and ran some of their fastest times so far this year."
The Sabercats' next meet will be in two weeks' time as they host the Wisconsin Private College Championships. The races will begin at 11 a.m. at Brandt-Quirk Park in Watertown. Catch details of the event at mbusabercats.com/composite.